Humber welcomes international applications to our programs. Applicants applying from outside Canada must:
- Review admission requirements by country.
- Compile all required documents:
- Scanned copies of original certified secondary school graduation transcripts for diploma and degree programs
- Any college or university transcripts for postgraduate programs and degrees
- All documents must be accompanied by a notarized, official translation into English (where applicable).
- Proof of English language proficiency (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS, CAEL, MELAB) should be submitted as well. Please see the Admission Requirements table for score details.
- Please see the Admission Requirements table for score details.
- Complete the online fillable Humber International Application form and submit along with required documents and application fee payment by email or by mail.
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application must be typed, saved, attached to your email and include a credit card application fee payment, or
- Submit by mail to:
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
International Centre, Room D224
205 Humber College Boulevard
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M9W 5L7
Mailed application may include application fee payment by bank draft.
For more information, please contact:
For further acceptable tests and scores please refer to the English Language Proficiency Policy.
Note: Please visit our calendar for specific program requirements. Programs with a September start date are in high demand and close February 1; however, many programs remain open after February. Transcripts, TOEFL, IELTS and MELAB scores must be original or attested copies.
|Admission Requirements*||Undergraduate Diploma/Certificate***||Degree||Nursing Degree (BN)||Postgraduate Programs|
|Application Fee**||$75 CAD||$75 CAD||$75 CAD||$75 CAD|
|EAP (English for Academic Purposes)||Level 8 with 60% or higher||Level 8 with 75% or higher||Level 8 with 80% or higher|
(no test below 20)
(no test below 21)
(no test below 21)
(no test below 22)
|Overall minimum 6.0 with no single score below 5.5||Overall minimum 6.5 with no single score below 6.0||Overall minimum 7.0 with no single score below 6.5||Overall minimum 6.5 with no single score below 6.0|
* Additional program-specific requirements can be found in the program pages of the postsecondary and postgraduate calendars.
** Some programs require additional fees for testing, auditions, document evaluation, etc.
*** Pharmacy Technician requires: TOEFL ibt 91, IELTS 6.5 or MELAB 81; specific band/element scores also apply.
All transcripts must be translated into English and notorized.
Note: Admission requirements are subject to change without notice. Please refer to the English Language Proficiency Policy for more details.
Students who do not meet Humber’s English language requirements should consider enrolling in the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program.
This program has six intakes throughout the year (January, March, May, June, September, October) and consists of eight levels. Each level is eight weeks long and includes classroom and lab instruction.
Upon entering the program, students are assessed and placed in their appropriate level of study. The cost for each level in 2014/2015 was $3,025 CAD.
EAP students may also be granted conditional acceptance into many of Humber’s diploma, degree and postgraduate certificate programs and may enter the program after successful completion of level eight as stated in the English Language Proficiency Policy. No further English testing is required.
Visit the School of Liberal Arts & Sciences for more information.
International Costs of Study at Humber
For Two Semesters/Eight Months ($CAD)
|Tuition Costs (includes health insurance (the health insurance fee is charged in the first semester and is non-refundable) and mandatory non-tuition and student government fees)||$14,200 to $14,800*
*To pay by semester add $40 split-fee charge.
|Housing Costs (optional)|
|Residence||$8,130 to $10,500
(includes $500 deposit, airport pick-up, meals and administrative costs)
|Homestay||$9,000 to $10,200 (plus $190 placement fee)|
|Note: The costs indicated are for the 2014/2015 academic year and are subject to change without notice.|
International Student Services
Humber provides specialized services for international students.
We assist students with questions regarding:
- health insurance
In addition to acting as a resource for students, we provide various opportunities for students to learn more about Canada and meet new friends.
The International office also houses many resources on work/study abroad, multiculturalism and other international issues.