Students at Humber taking an online course are supported through the Open Learning Centre (OLC). The OLC provides non-academic support for Humber’s fully online courses. Currently Humber has an inventory close to 400 courses offered through its various academic areas on a number of different LMS platforms. The OLC staff work with the College's Academic Schools and service areas to ensure Humber's online learners and faculty have a positive and effective learning experience.
The award winning* OLC provides access to education through the use of innovative processes and current technologies that overcome time and boundary constraints. The OLC also offers a number of non-credit courses. For a complete list of the current non-credit and credit online courses, please visit the online learning website for more details.
* In 2009, the OLC was awarded the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE) award for Exemplary Student Services. For more information about the CNIE, please visit http://www.cnie-rcie.ca.
- The OLC is responsible for the following student support services.
- We support close to 7000 students who are registered in an online course per semester.
- Live student support by phone, remote desktop, email, in-person and online chat sessions is made available 7 days of week.
- Blackboard introductory training workshops for students are held online and in-person in the OLC computer lab.
- All proctoring requests for online courses are handled through the OLC.
- The OLC staff proctor face-to-face final exams for online courses when necessary. Non-Humber students are required to pay a fee for such services.
- We offer a quiet, academic focused, computer lab space (North Campus only – D225).
- All OntarioLearn.com online courses are maintained and coordinated through the OLC. Close to 1000 students per semester take an OntarioLearn.com course.
Open Learning Centre
Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
North Campus Room D 225H
205 Humber College Blvd.
Toronto, ON M9W5L7
Phone:416 675 5049
Toll free:1 877 215 6117
Fax: 416 674 5811