The Humber Digital Broadcast Centre
- Canada’s most advanced broadcast training facility for journalism and media studies and the home of Humber TV, Radio Humber and all newspaper, magazine and web production.
- Humber is the only GTA college to have a campus instructional license from the CRTC and a fully operating radio station, Radio Humber FM 96.9, which broadcasts 24/7 from our North Campus
- Students provide all on-air talent and experience news anchoring, camera operation, radio broadcasting and broadcast studio operation
The Centre for Trades & Technology
- Our specialized centre for skills and technology training with dedicated labs for construction, home renovation, plumbing, welding, electronics, woodworking and cabinetmaking, motors, controls, instrumentation and building systems
- 95,000 square foot training centre includes two framed townhomes, 12 practical and program specific labs, 11 electronic classrooms, a student common area, and cafeteria
Centre for Justice Leadership
- This new centre offers the latest technology-based learning environment for crime scene investigation, justice leadership and conflict resolution including a crime scene simulation and forensic labs
- Crime scene simulation lab for forensic processing in staged crime scenes including crime scene photography, collecting and properly protecting evidence, as well as scene sketching and measurement
- Four interviewing labs where students engage in interviews, interrogation and counselling
The English Language Centre
- Unique programs that satisfy the language needs of our multicultural students are provided by this centre.
The Canadian Centre of Culinary Arts & Science
- Home to Canada’s new Master Chef designation, the Ontario Wine Education Centre and the Ontario Cook Apprentice Training Centre.
- The Training venue for Culinary Team Ontario
- Students learn in the most advanced teaching kitchens in North America with induction-cooking technology, compression-operated refrigeration and energy-efficient ventilated ceiling systems.
- Labs equipped with gas ranges, combi-ovens, pasta and ice cream machines and programmable smoker units plus specialized baking equipment
The Humber Recording Studio
- The first Studio in Canada designed to be both a full recording studio and a classroom with more than 50 pianos, 28 computer/midi workstations and a ‘Duality” hybrid audio console.
- 50+ pianos and keyboards, six classrooms, 31 practice rooms and studios
- 28 computer/MIDI workstations with the latest Logic, Cubase, ProTools and Sibelius software
- Two world-calibre recording engineers who teach the production-oriented courses
The Centre for Urban Ecology
- A Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) gold-certified building dedicated to environmental research and sustainability.
- Situated on rolling parkland by the banks of the Humber River
- A model of environmental sustainability where students learn and promote ecological stewardship
- Has a "green" roof to collect storm water and a bio-filter sewage and grey water system
- Uses passive solar heat sources, energy recovery super-insulation and a natural cooling system that eliminates the need for air conditioning
Health Sciences Clinical Simulation Lab
- Health Sciences students learn in a risk-free simulated clinical environment.
- Five labs with 36 beds that simulate hospital in-patient rooms and a critical care lab
- 20 adult, pediatric and infant programmable simulation mannequins used to assess clinical situations and respond with IV insertion tubes, medication and oxygen delivery procedures
- Equipped with video and audio recording for student evaluation and learning
Humber Centre for Health & Wellness
- Fitness, health and wellness, and athletics facilities combine to provide a total approach to healthy lifestyle training. Facilities include:
- A fully equipped spa, three gymnasiums, cardio centre, performance and injury care facilities.
- Three varsity gyms, cardio and weight training centre, swimming pool and two group exercise studios
- High performance and exercise prescription teaching labs
- A dedicated Massage Therapy Teaching and Learning Clinic.
- The Humber Spa, a teaching/client-ready facility with retail boutique, hot stone and aromatherapy massage services, body treatments, facials, chemical peels, and 16 manicure/pedicure stations