Capital Project Updates
North Campus Construction Zones (No Public Access)
When planning activities, please note there is construction in the areas listed below, public access is limited or not available:
1) Building E Envelope Retrofit: Exterior space closed until fall 2017.
2) Building J Replacement Windows: Exterior space closed until Sept 2017.
3) Deferred Maintenance: KLM entrance closed until July 2017.
4) Building N Envelope Retrofit: Perimeter and internal corridors closed from May-Sept 2017. Guelph-Humber bridge remains open.
5) Centre for Technology Innovation (CTI): Ongoing construction until fall 2018.
6) Parking Structure: Ongoing construction until fall 2018.
North Campus Closing the Entrance to K and L Buildings (at Building M)
May 2, 2017
Please note we will be closing the entrance to K and L Buildings, North Campus (adjacent to the mobile broadcasting units) for construction starting May 5th, with work commencing on May 6th and lasting for approx. 8 weeks.
We will be repairing the concrete deck just outside this entrance which is deteriorating substantially and causing notable leakage and corrosion below.
The repair work will result in:
- Noise (due to tools and equipment): Most noise will be limited to weekdays after 5 PM and weekends. We do expect, however, that we will not be able to avoid some noise from impacting adjacent areas in L, K and M.
- Dust: Adjacent windows will be cleaned following project completion.
· Parking Loss: Approximately 4 adjacent spaces will be taken out of service.
Please note that the adjacent mobile broadcasting units will not be required to relocate.
Signs will be posted providing directions to alternate building entry points.
Please call John Schroeder, Manager, Maintenance & Operations, North Campus, at extension 4107 should you require further information.
North Campus Construction and Parking Update - Winter, 2017
Humber has been fortunate to see consistent student enrolment growth and a corresponding institutional commitment to student success. As a result, we are investing in new facilities and spaces for our learners, along with accompanying support services for employees
In January 2017, construction will begin on two major North Campus projects: the new Centre for Technology Innovation (CTI), and a new multi-deck 1000 space parking garage.
Construction on the CTI will result in the closure of Parking Lot 3A. The new CTI will be substantially complete by April 30, 2018.
The new parking garage will be located in the area that formerly comprised Parking Lot 2 and the Building W Child Care Centre (demolished March 2017). Humber part-time staff and faculty who previously parked in Lot 2 and have purchased a valid parking permit for the winter semester have been moved to Lot 4, which is now gated, card-access only. Substantial completion of this facility is expected by the end of February 2018 and will increase the total North Campus parking capacity by approximately 200 spaces. Please note that as a result of construction, there may be traffic congestion on Arboretum Boulevard, especially at entrance A (to/from Humber College Boulevard) and in the areas by Parking Lots 3 and 4. Please allow for additional time when travelling to campus.
Reduced dailyrate and permit overflow parking is available at both the Queen’s Plate and Woodbine Mall parking lots, with a free shuttle to the North Campus running every 15 minutes. Reduced permit parking rates are also available at Woodbine Mall.
As we head into the 50th anniversary of Ontario colleges, Humber continues to operate in a period of institutional growth and innovation. While we recognize that these infrastructure projects can cause short-term disruption to campus life, we're looking forward to working together to build on our many achievements and continue to support student success.
Thank you for your ongoing support.