Mailroom Tip Sheet
Follow these steps to ensure that your internal and external mail is
delivered promptly and efficiently.
- Always include the mail recipient’s first and last name.
- Always include the mail recipient’s department and/or room number (i.e., Facilities Management Department, NB130).
- Make sure the address is legible. Print it if possible.
- Avoid the use of abbreviations or acronyms.
Sample address for campus mail:
John Smith, Facilities Maintenance Department, NB130
Sample address for external mail:
Facilities Maintenance Department, NB130
Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
205 Humber College Boulevard
Toronto, ON M9W 5L7
Mail Pickup and Delivery Schedules
- The Mailrooms at both North and Lakeshore campuses usually receive incoming mail from Canada Post between 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
- Incoming mail (including campus mail) is delivered to the departments, usually by 12:30 pm.
- Outgoing mail (including campus mail) is picked up at the same time as the incoming mail is delivered.
- North Campus: Outgoing mail is sorted, metered and sent to Canada Post on the same day it is picked up from the department.
- Lakeshore Campus: Outgoing mail is picked up by Canada Post the next morning, when they deliver the incoming mail (there is no separate Canada Post pickup in the afternoon).
- Outgoing campus mail is sorted for delivery the next day, unless it is received by the Mailroom before 9:30 am and can be included in the morning mail delivery.
- All international mail is sent out via Canada Post with regular outgoing mail.
- Exceptions: International mail from the Registration Department, University of Guelph-Humber and any international departments is sent out weekly on Fridays through a third party vendor.
Outgoing Courier Package Pickup and Delivery Schedules
- Complete a Courier Request Form to request delivery of a package. Attach the form to your package.
- Small, outgoing courier packages are picked up by the Mailroom staff at the same time as the outgoing mail. For larger packages, contact the Mailroom at ext. 4443 (North Campus)/ ext. 3245 (Lakeshore Campus) to arrange for pickup. (Large packages are bigger than 2ft. x 2ft. x 2ft and/or weigh more than 50lbs.)
- Regular delivery: Outgoing packages received in the Mailroom by 2:00 pm will be picked up by the courier the same day. Packages received after that time may not be picked up until the following day.
- Same day delivery: Outgoing packages must be received in the Mailroom no later than 11:30 am for same day delivery.
- To ensure a timely delivery, please consider bringing your package directly to the Mailroom or calling us to pick it up if it is a large shipment.
- To track a package, please contact the Mailroom at ext. 4443 (North Campus)/ ext. 3245 (Lakeshore Campus) to have us track it or to get a tracking number so that you can track it yourself.
Incoming Courier Package Delivery Schedules
- Incoming packages received by the Mailroom by 2:00 pm are delivered on the same day, depending on the other priorities. Any packages received after 2:00 pm are usually delivered the next day.
- If you are expecting a time-sensitive package, please let us know in advance, with proper tracking information, and we will arrange for prompt delivery.