IELTS testing will resume at Humber College in limited numbers, starting in April however, testing will only take place at Lakeshore Campus until further notice.
We reserve the right to suspend testing due to COVID-19 following Public Health recommendations. The health and safety of test takers and staff is our top priority.
Due to COVID-19 precautions, IELTS Testing at other Humber College venues remains suspended until further notice. Please check back for updates.
As of November 30, 2019, the Lakeshore Campus is a headphone testing venue. If you register for a test at Lakeshore, only headphones will be used. REGISTER NOW. Headphone testing at this location will resume in April 2021
Tests are held on Saturdays and select Thursdays at both the North and Lakeshore Campuses and at Cambrian College in Sudbury. Please ensure you are registering for the correct location for your test.
Speaking tests generally occur on Saturdays, however, there may be times when speaking tests take place on Thursdays or Fridays before a test date, or Mondays after a test date. Those who complete registration early for any test day will received priority for Saturday speaking tests. You will be infomed of your speaking test time in the Test Day Letter sent by Humber College.
Humber College offers test takers several ways to prepare for their IELTS Test: private tutoring, free workshops, and more, please visit the Preparing for IELTS page for more information.
How to Register for the IELTS Test
You can register for the IELTS test at Humber College (North or Lakeshore Campus) or Cambrian College (in Sudbury, Ont) in one of two ways:
- Register online
- Come to the Humber IELTS Test Centre or the Cambrian College Enrollment Centre and complete the application form with the assistance of one of our IELTS staff.
Please make sure you provide your correct mailing address including any apartment or unit numbers when completing your application form. We need this information to ensure you receive your official test scores if they are mailed out.
The test fee is $294.00 + GST =$332.22. Before the test, you will receive an email with location and time information for your testing day. PAY NOW
For Test Day Information please go to Test Day.
During the application process, you may indicate up to five receiving institutions. We will send your TRF electronically, or by Canada Post to these institutions at no charge.
Along with the application form you will need to provide a proof of identity document. The only acceptable documents are a valid Passport or Canadian Permanent Resident Card and a sample signature, please ensure it:
- is valid
- has a clear photo
- will be the same identity document you will use on the day of the test
- clearly shows your full name, date of birth, expiry date, signature and identification number. (Some passports have the expiry date or signature on another page in the passport)
1. Registering Online
Please go to register now and follow the online instructions. You will need to upload your identity documents during the application process.
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email and information to pay online. Test takers must pay within 3 days of registering to keep their test date.
If you do not want to pay online, you are welcome to come to the IELTS Test Centre and pay in person or call us with your credit card information.
When you apply online, you receive the "Last Minute" version of Road to IELTS to help you prepare for the test. Visit your British Council Portal to access.
Once you receive your IELTS confirmation number, you can pay online. You can also come to the IELTS test centre and pay in person or call us with your credit card information.
2. Come to the IELTS Test Centre and complete the Application Form- This is not available until further notice.
Come to the Humber IELTS Test Centre or Cambrian College Enrollment Centre and complete the Application Form with the assistance of one of our IELTS staff. Remember to bring your identity document with you as the application cannot be processed without it.
You can pay at the Humber IELTS Test Centre but not at Cambrian College.
Accepted Methods of Payment:
Credit or debit card, certified cheque or money order. We do not accept personal cheques or cash.
- Application (with the last page signed)
- Identity Document
Refund and Cancellation Policy
You can cancel your IELTS test registration at any time before taking your test by notifying your Test Centre. Refund terms depend upon when you cancel and whether exceptional circumstances apply.
1. Time to test date
1.1 More than 14 days before the test:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration more than 14 days before the test you will receive a 75% refund of the total test fee before tax.
1.2 Within 14 days but more than three days before the test:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration within 14 days but more than three days before the test you will receive a 50% refund of the total test fee before tax.
1.3 Within three days of the test:
If you cancel your IELTS test registration within three days of the test you will not receive any refund.
2. Test taker exceptions
You may make a case for exceptional circumstances to your test centre before the test and up to five days after the test date if you did not attend the test. Your test centre will respond to you within seven working days of receiving your case in writing. Your test centre will assess your case for exceptional circumstances.
All cases for exceptional circumstances and supporting evidence must be received by your test centre no later than five days after the scheduled test date.
If your test centre approves your case, you will receive a full refund less an administration fee of $75.00.
If your test centre does not approve your case, then the terms given in Section 1 will apply.
We define exceptional circumstances as:
- serious medical conditions which prevent you from attending or performing normally on test day; such conditions require supporting evidence of a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner
- evidence of bereavement, trauma or other forms of significant hardship
- military service.
3. Test centre exceptions
Under certain circumstances outside test centre control, we may have to cancel your test. These circumstances include, and are not limited to extreme weather conditions, natural disaster, civil unrest and industrial action global pandemic or for reasons of force majeure.
In these circumstances, your test centre will provide you with as much notice as possible and give you the choice of either:
- a full refund, or
- a transfer to a future test date convenient to you.
The following items 4-6 are not applicable at this time:
4. In cases where your test centre cancels a test under circumstances within its control then in addition to a full refund or transfer to another test date, you may be eligible to apply for compensation for expenses incurred. Your eligibility will be assessed as a reasonable claim or not by the test centre and any compensation will be awarded depending on the following conditions:
- The test centre will assess whether the decision to cancel is within or outside its control.
- Any compensation awarded will be limited to travel and accommodation expenses only and which are:
- directly incurred as a result of planning your attendance on test day
- evidenced by payment receipt(s)
- evidenced that cancelled travel and/or accommodation charges are non-recoverable from vendor
- benchmarked against lowest reasonable market rates for the expenses in question (this will be carried out by the test centre).
- If you travel further than the closest test venue to your normal place of residence then the test center will not find your claim reasonable.
5. Admin fee for EOR Refunds
Please note that you can deduct up to CAD25 per EOR refund. We are sure this will be helpful for the TCs to cover the costs incurred due to the time spent on processing EORs / EOR refunds, answering comms to and from the TTs etc.
6. Admin fee for Refunds related to the Pandemic
Test Cenres will refund 100% of test fees, if the reason for the refund is related to the ongoing Pandemic. Test centres may now deduct 25% for refund requests related to the Pandemic, to cover the processing costs of the registrations and refunds.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on special circumstances and to receive the appropriate Refund/ Cancellation form.
The completed Form and medical documents may be submittedby email to the Humber IELTS Test Centre.
Please note that we do not accept notes issued by family members, only notes signed by a certified medical doctor are acceptable.
If you do not bring your identity document on your test day, you will not be able to write the IELTS test, and no refunds or transfer test dates will be allowed.