PASS (Peer Assisted Study Sessions) is a free academic assistance program that utilizes peer-led group study to help students succeed. The sessions are facilitated by a PASS Leader, who is a current student who has already successfully completed the course. PASS usually targets tough subjects, which over time have proven to be challenging for many students, or courses which need to promote the establishment of discipline specific learning communities. PASS is also a great way to connect with other students studying the same course.
Why Attend PASS?
- Guaranteed weekly study time, helps reinforce learning and retention of information
- Maximize understanding of the subject, in a casual and relaxed environment
- Learn and integrate study tools and successful exam techniques, specific to that course.
- Non-remedial approach to learning – PASS targets historically difficult courses, which have been challenging for all students
- Connect with classmates who are studying the same course
Is the PASS Program available for my class? To see if PASS is supporting your subjects, check the timetable.