The English Language Centre plays a vital role in the Humber community. Our programs are specifically created to help fulfill the various language needs of students who wish to:
- Pathway into academic programs at the college or univeristy level
- Develop their professional English expertise for their career
- Increase their confidence and comfort level with spoken English
- Teach English either in Canada or Internationally
English for Academic Purposes
This program is an intensive, full-time program that integrates reading, writing, listening and speaking skills with an academic focus.
Summer Language Program
A complete immersion experience in the English language.
Flexible start and finish dates: Start or end on any date within the 10 week June to August session.
Teaching English as a Second Language
Ontario Graduate Certificate
This program builds confident and knowledgeable teachers who have a full understanding of best practices in teaching English as a second language (ESL).
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
International Students (i-TESOL)
i-TESOL is an intensive certificate program for interational students seeking Canadian teaching credentials.
For more information download a brochure in your language:
Our students benefit from our comprehensive approach to English language education. As well as teaching English to students in our English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program and the Summer Language ( SLP\Explore) Program, we also prepare new teachers in our Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL) program.
Our students reflect the diveristy of a city like Toronto. Students come from over 60 countries around the world, bringing with them cultures and ideas that greatly enrich the college environment.
Our faculty is current with the latest methodologies and technology for teaching English. Add to that a student-centred approach to learning, and you will see why our students receive the best instruction and attention every step of the way
"EAP is a place where the professors encourage us to achieve our goals and to help us in our development day by day. Finishing the 8 levels were not easy because they were very challenging for me, but working hard and being persistent is the way you can achieve all your goals. Thanks to EAP for give me the bases to have success in my future program." Veronica Gutierrez, Mexico. An EAP alumni and graduate of the Postgraduate Event Management program
Benefits of Studying English at Humber
* Direct pathway for EAP level 8 students into Humber Academic Programs. 92% of students in EAP graduate and enter directly into Humber’s Academic Programs without the need for a further exam like IELTS or TOEFL.
* Graduating Humber’s EAP program is also considered acceptable for entry into 15 other Ontario colleges with no need for further language testing (some conditions apply in specific programs).
* TESL teacher trainees benefit from our renowned TESL program and future opportunities with our partners in the TESL and LINC communities.
Program Assistant English Language Centre
Liberal Arts and Sciences
416-675-6622 ext. 73083