Designing Inclusive Images and Words
If you want to learn more about the topics in this module, here are some additional resources.
- Elizabeth Guffey: Designing Disability: Symbols, Space and Society.open new window
- Graham Pullin: Design Meets Disabilityopen new window
- Kat Holmes: Mismatch: How Inclusion Shapes Designopen new window
- Braille Books and Resourcesopen new window
- Unified Council on English Brailleopen new window
- World Braille Usage, Third Edition: Developed with support from Perkins, the International Council on English Braille, and the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, this third edition of World Braille Usage attempts to document the current state of braille around the world.
- CNIB Library: The CNIB Library offers 80,000 titles in accessible formats including braille. The library includes a digital service that allows users to download braille and audio books directly to portable devices. The service is free to all Canadians who are blind or visually impaired.