Frequently Asked Questions

Who has a Community Assistant?

Community Assistants are available to those living in the M9V and M9W postal code areas. If you live in either of these mentioned zones, you will be hearing from your CA to be a part of the Off-Campus Connection!

How do I become a part of this?

If you are a Humber or Guelph-Humber student and have a changed your address on your Humber or Guelph-Humber account and you live in the M9W or M9V postal code, you will automatically be registered into the Off-Campus Connection mail outs. If, however, you have not received anything from the OCC team and would like more information, please contact us here.

Why would I want to be a part of this?

This is an excellent way to meet other people and become connected with your school and neighbourhood. You will be provided with up-to-date information on exciting activities and events happening at Humber as well as events put on just for you. You will also be connected to the on campus student services available to help make you successful.

Does it matter if I attend Humber or Guelph Humber?

No, we encourage students from either Humber or Guelph-Humber to be involved within their community.

How will I meet my CA?

Your CA will send you an email or phone you in September. Please expect a meeting with your CA and fellow off campus students in the near future. You should also watch for the website or your email for events happening throughout the semester. Further to this, the CAs will be holding office hours both on- and off-campus on a regular basis. The office space is to be determined. If you have any questions or concerns you can email your CAs or and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

What if I have not heard from my CA?

This might be because you have not changed your address on the Humber system. You need to update your address to reflect that you live in the M9W or M9V postal codes. Email your CAs directly to be updated regularly. Also, don't forget to check your Hmail account!

What are some examples of events that my CA may plan?

Canada’s Wonderland, Humber Hawks games, BBQs, Study Skills, etc. Pretty much anything you as a community would like to do!

How much will this cost me?

This program is FREE. There might be a nominal fee for some activities that take place off campus but any on campus events or activities will always be FREE. We will ensure to keep any cost at a student-friendly minimum.

Can I bring a friend with me to an event?

If your friend lives in the M9V and M9W postal codes then definitely bring him/her along. We encourage you to meet new people and make new friends at our events.

Depending on the type of event, there may be limitations as to who is able to attend. For example, a trip to the ROM, where an OCC student receives a free ticket, the guest would have to pay for their own ticket.

Contact us at if you have any questions about inviting guests.

What do I have to bring with me to an event?

At all Off-Campus Connection events, you will be asked to present your Off-Campus Connection Events Card or proof of your residency in the M9V and M9W postal codes and your student ID card.

To arrange to pick up an Off-Campus Connection Events Card, email us at

What is an Off-Campus Connection Events card?

The OCC Events card is your pass to all OCC-related events. Since this program is for all students living in the M9V and M9W postal codes, you will be asked to verify your residency.

Instead of continuously bringing your student card and proof of residency, all you have to present to us is your OCC Events card to gain access to our events. You can obtain an events card on your first visit to one of our events.