***Thank you for your interest! Applications are now closed for the 2016-2017 Academic Year!***
Would you like to challenge your leadership style? Do you want to enhance your communication skills?
Join our Orientation Family!
We are looking for energetic and positive team players with strong communication skills. Orientation is a great way to build new friendships, share your experiences with incoming students, and improve your leadership skills.
Orientation Volunteers will have the opportunity to lead a group of incoming students during Orientation. You will be creating a dynamic and enthusiastic environment, facilitating group icebreakers, mingling with new Humber students, and more!
Being an Orientation Volunteer also comes with some perks!
As a Leader, you will…
- Have a chance to win a prize of $2000 or $1000 towards tuition.*
- Receive a notation on your Co-Curricular Record.
- Receive exclusive Orientation Team Gear (includes shirt, bag, lanyard, candy, and more!)
- Be recognized at a Volunteer Appreciation & Awards Dinner on Sept. 27
- Be entered into draws for incredible prizes.**
- Take part in exciting Social Events planned just for you!
- Participate in the Volunteer Recognition Program
*Volunteers must work a minimum requirement of hours to qualify for the tuition draw. More details upon hire.
**Volunteers must work at least one shift to qualify for draws
We are looking for several types of volunteers and you can choose which is right for you:
- Support Staff: This is the best option for people who are naturally introverted and enjoy working behind the scenes. You will be assigned administrative and logistical tasks as well as supporting Volunteers and Senior Leaders in events and booths.
- Welcome Week Event Hosts: This is the best option for passionate, energetic, and outgoing people who are not afraid of starting conversations and relating with new students. This is right for you if you are organized and well aware of your campus. Don’t worry, training is provided.
- Residence Volunteers: This is a new category where we are looking for Volunteers to help with Residence programming for the full period of Orientation. This includes helping with both passive and active activities and events. This is a great way to meet others who live in Residence. You can also participate in non-Residence events to bulk up on Volunteer hours.
All necessary training will be provided.
For Fall 2016, please make note of the following dates:
- Volunteer Day Social Events – June 11, July 9 (optional)
- North and Lakeshore Volunteers:
- Mandatory Collaborative Training – Aug.25 & 26 (during the day, approx. 9am-5pm)
- Residence Move in Day – Aug. 28
- Orientation Week – Aug. 31 – Sept. 1
- Welcome Week – Sept. 6 – 8
- Orangeville Volunteers:
- Mandatory Training – Aug. 10
- Orientation – Aug. 24