The Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning (hereafter referred to as “Humber” or “the College”) is committed to providing excellence in its academic programming. The College implements program review to ensure that the content and delivery of programs continue to be responsive, current and relevant in meeting community, employer, student and government needs. This policy outlines a consistent framework for program review.
The policy applies to all approved postsecondary programs for which an Ontario college credential is awarded.
- Humber will review all approved postsecondary programs every five to seven years through a process of program self-assessment and internal and external review.
- The review process will consist of the following elements:
- A Self Study
- Review by a Program Evaluation Committee
- Receipt of Report of the Committee
2.2 Certificate and Diplomas
- Self-Assessment by faculty
- Student focus groups
- External assessment by two outside reviewers
The Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology Binding Policy Directive Framework for Programs of Instruction