• Allows you to help people who have disabilities live, work and participate in their communities
• Allows you to support people with intellectual disabilities, autism, physical challenges or other special needs
• Will find you assisting people in a variety of roles:
– community support worker
– educational/teaching assistant in a school
– classroom assistant in a daycare centre
– counsellor in a seniors’ program
– residential counsellor.
Build a rewarding career in this field, with a deep understanding of developmental disabilities, skills in behavioural interventions and a desire to help others.
Note: The learning outcomes of the Humber Educational Assistant Certificate program have been incorporated into the Developmental Services Worker program in recognition of the increasing role developmental services workers play in promoting learning, not only as educational assistants, but also as community agency and family workers.