To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
• Mature student status
• College or university transfer status
• Results of mandatory admission testing for senior-level biology, chemistry, writing and math. Test fees will apply.
The following courses will assist applicants with the admission test:
– Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
– Grade 11 or Grade 12 Biology (SBI3C, SBI3U or SBI4U or equivalent)
– Grade 11 or Grade 12 Chemistry (SCH3U, SCH4C or SCH4U or equivalent)
– Grade 12 Mathematics (MAP4C, MCT4C, MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U or equivalent)
All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Humber’s English Language Proficiency Policy.
Selection: Admission selection is based on the results of secondary requirements including a mandatory admission test. Recognition of postsecondary credentials is given during the selection process for this program. Meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission.
Secondary Admission Requirements:
• Complete immunization record including immunization against Hepatitis B, poliomyelitis, tetanus, diphtheria, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), chickenpox, influenza and test negative on the Two-Step Tuberculin Skin Test
• Police Record Check: Students in programs or occupations involving direct contact with vulnerable persons are required to undergo a police record check. Refer to the Admission Information. Humber reserves the right to deny admission to this program based on an unpardoned criminal record that would be relevant to the academic or placement requirements of the program. Paramedic students are not required to submit a police record check until the second semester of the program. The police record check may have to be renewed every three to six months thereafter. For information and application instructions regarding the police record check, visit healthsciences.humber.ca/resources/pre-placement- requirements/police-record-checks.
Physical Fitness Requirements
At the end of semester one, students must successfully pass a fitness test including a shuttle run, push-ups, abdominal crunches and flexibility. Students who are unsuccessful in the fitness test will not be allowed to advance to semester two.