To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
– Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
– Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, M or U courses in addition to those listed above
• Mature student status
• College or university transfer status
All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Humber’s English Language Proficiency Policy.
Selection: Admission selection is based on the academic criteria indicated. Meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission.
• Students must be in good physical and mental condition and meet the same physical and immunization requirements as those for the staff employed by the agency/facility where the practicum is taking place
• Complete immunization record including immunization against Hepatitis B
• Valid Standard First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)-C for Health Care Provider (HCP) certificates
• Police Record Check: Students in programs or occupations involving direct contact with vulnerable persons are required to undergo a police record check, vulnerable sector screen. Refer to the Admission Information. Humber reserves the right to deny admission to this program based on an unpardoned criminal record that would be relevant to the academic or placement requirements of the program. The police record check may have to be renewed every three to six months thereafter.
For more information and application instructions regarding the police record check, visit healthsciences.humber.ca/resources/pre-placement-requirements/police-record-checks.
Note: All of these requirements must be completed prior to the start of the program.
The 2015/2016 fee for two semesters is
– domestic $3,980.82
– international $14,200.
Amounts listed are the total of tuition, lab and material fees, student service and auxiliary fees for the first two semesters of the 2015/2015 academic year. Fees are subject to change. For more information, refer to Fees and Financial Assistance.
$700 – textbooks, supplies, Hepatitis B vaccine, first aid, CPR, uniform. Cost varies for travel between Humber and the field placements.