To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
– Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U or equivalent)
– Grade 12 Mathematics (MAP4C, MCT4C, MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U or equivalent)
– Grade 11 or Grade 12 Biology (SBI3C, SBI3U or SBI4U or equivalent)
– Grade 11 or Grade 12 Chemistry (SCH3U, SCH4C or SCH4U or equivalent)
• Mature student status
• College or university transfer status
All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Humber’s English Language Proficiency Policy.
Note: Language proficiency is an essential skill required for all pharmacy technicians. A pharmacy technician’s ability to communicate is critical in the delivery of safe and effective patient care. For this reason, applicants whose first language is not English must meet the specific English Language Proficiency scores for the Pharmacy Technician program. Applicants must possess one of the following:
– International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – Overall Band 6.5
– Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT) – 91
– Michigan English Language Arts Battery (MELAB) – 81
– Specific band scores and/or element scores also apply
For details visit napra.ca/Content_Files/ Files/Language_Proficiency_Require ments_for_Licensure_PharmTech_Nov2009 _Final.pdf
Meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission.