FINAL DEADLINE MAY 1 2014
The Humber College Puppetry Intensive is an exciting, vigorous, hands-on, 12 day training program in the art of puppet theatre.
Taught by some of the best professional puppet artists in North America, this unique program offers students the opportunity to work with four professional artists from three distinct companies: Foreign Landscapes Productions, CLUNK Puppet Lab, and Puppetmongers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Are you passionate about the art of puppetry? Are you keen to develop and sharpen your intuitive sense of the dynamic relationship between body and object? Are you ready to grow in leaps and bounds in the creation practices of this expressive art form?
The Humber Puppetry Intensive is open to puppeteers, artists, composers, teachers, writers, performers, designers, dancers, technicians, or anyone interested in integrating puppetry into their creative practice.
Participants will be selected based on experience and interest. Enrolment is limited to ensure small classes, so please apply early.
YOUR TUITION INCLUDES:
- 12 days of intense training in puppetry.
- Additional specialized workshops with guest artists to be scheduled during evenings of the first week.
- A networking night will be held with puppet festival directors, prominent puppeteers and companies.
- Field trips will be scheduled to take advantage of the unique opportunities Toronto affords the puppet artist.
DAY TIME CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES TO FOCUS ON:
- The study of puppet manipulation; breath, voice, impulse, and movement
- puppet construction; design, material and mechanisms.
- Performance creation explored in a puppet lab setting through collaboration in diverse ensemble groups, creating original and experimental material.
The result of this practice will culminate in short “works-in-progress” to be presented in front of an invited audience in our Black Box Theatre at the end of the intensive.
All classes will take place in the recently renovated, state-of-the-art facilities of the Humber College Arts and Media Studios, situated by beautiful lake Ontario parkland, the Historic Lakeshore Campus and a short streetcar/subway ride from the hustle and bustle of downtown Toronto.
The intensive will run from June 2nd to June 14th, 2014 with one day off half way through the program.
$1550 – Deadline May 1st, 2014
Tuition includes materials, additional workshops, and field trips.