- Assaulted Women’s Helpline
- The Assaulted Women’s Helpline has served as a free, anonymous and confidential 24-hour telephone and TTY crisis telephone line to all women in the province of Ontario who have experienced any form of abuse. They provide crisis counselling, safety planning, emotional support, information and referrals accessible 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- 1-866-863-0511; available 24 hours a day, in 200 languages.
- Chantel’s Place
- Trillium Health Centre 100 Queensway West, Mississauga
- 905-848-7580 ext. 2548; available 24 hours a day, via Trillium’s Emergency Department.
- Chantel’s place is a partner in an Ontario network of sexual assault and domestic violence treatment centres. All services are free and individuals can obtain a physical examination, an assessment and treatment of injuries, medication to present or limit the risk of contracting a sexually transmitted infection or HIV. Staff may also take forensic evidence such as photographs, in the event of abuse; the hospital may be able to provide some immediate and long term counselling. A medical record is confidential.
- 1-866-925-5454 or 2-1-1; available 24 hours a day.
- Good2Talk is a free, confidential and anonymous helpline providing professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being to post-secondary students in Ontario.
- The Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Care Centre at Women’s College Hospital
- The Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Care Centre (SA/DVCC) available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, is a comprehensive service that assists women, men, and trans people who are victims/survivors of sexual assault and domestic/intimate partner violence.
- Toronto Rape Crisis Centre/Multicultural Women Against Rape
- 416-597-8808; available 24 hours a day.
- A confidential community support group that can provide referrals, information and resources. They can also offer a support group or one-on-one counseling. A crisis line can provide support and information anonymously, 24 hours a day.
- Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- 1-866-887-0015; available 24 hours a day.
- Immediate crisis and referral services in Ontario for make survivors of sexual abuse. Referrals to counselling, peer support and other community agencies.
Additional resources for Peel Region (Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon- including Orangeville) can be found here: http://www.peelregion.ca/health/sexual-assault/help.htm
Within Ontario, the Women’s Assault Helpline can assist in finding local resources.
Find other local sexual assault centres in Ontario.