What is the Easy Start Transition Program?
The Easy Start Transition Program for students with disabilities aims to provide new students with resources and information to assist in transitioning to post-secondary studies at Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber.
The program includes interactive opportunities to explore Humber’s services and learn about accessing academic accommodations. Students will also have the opportunity to meet with returning students registered with Accessible Learning Services.
- Date: Tuesday August 16th, 2016
- Location: Toronto Congress Centre (South Building) - 650 Dixon Road Toronto, Ontario M9W 1J1
- In addition, we are hosting an additional session on August 19th, 2016 at the North Campus for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
» Registration is now closed. See you next year!
The program includes informative and interactive sessions on the following topics:
- Academic accommodations
- Tips on transition for students and parents
- A panel discussion with current students registered with Accessible Learning Services
Here is what previous attendees have said about the program:
“I felt the guest speaker was Incredible, and it was very reassuring to hear the stories from the student panel. It was also a great opportunity to meet some awesome people, and feel more comfortable about transitioning to Humber."
100% of surveyed participants indicated that they would recommend the Easy Start Transition Program to other students with disabilities and that they plan to access our services during their time at Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber.