Not sure where to turn for help?
- Are you experiencing difficulties at school, home, in your relationships or personal life?
- Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed or stressed out?
- Feeling unsure about your academic and/or career path? Thinking you might not be in the right program?
Everyone, at some point in their life, encounters difficulties. This can create distress and interfere with one's well being and success.
Counselling can assist students to work through and resolve these difficulties.
- Provide support to students
- Help them work through their problems
- Work with students to reach their goals
- Assist students to function effectively as learners
We also facilitate social/support groups:
- LGBTQ+ Resource Centre - Connect with other students and have some fun playing board games, discussing hot topics, letting your inner actor out, or reading about all the queer things.
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) Social Group - This is a social group for students who identify as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We meet for one period each week during the Fall and Winter semesters.
*Humber and Guelph-Humber students have access to FREE and CONFIDENTIAL counselling. We do not discuss your situation with teachers, parents, friends, family or anyone else you request.