Summer 2017 students can book their CCPT now by following the instructions below.
Fall 2017 testing is not yet available. More details will be announced in April, and we anticipate opening sessions at that point.
Students enrolled in a Humber diploma or certificate program must complete placement tests in English and/or Math to know what level of English/Math courses they should be registering into. Students enrolled in Post-graduate or Degree programs are not required to complete a placement test.
All students must book their CCPTs online and take them at a Humber Testing Services location.
Test results are valid for one year. If you have completed a placement test in the last year there is no need to retest.
- Follow these steps to register and complete your CCPT:
1. Find your program on this list to see what CCPT you must take. If your program is not on the list, you do not have to complete the CCPT.
2. Click the "Register" link beside your program to book your CCPT. This will forward you to our Flexible Registration platform.
3. Follow the rest of the steps here to book. A video tutorial can be found here.
4. Scroll down for additional information about testing locations and preparation guides.
5. Check your test scores on MyHumber (takes up to 3 days to receive your English and/or Math test scores). Click here for instructions for using your test scores to register into your English/Math courses.
- Testing Options
Online: Students can choose to complete their CCPT requirements online – all you need is a secure internet connection, webcam and a quiet space to test. Students who wish to take advantage of the online option (which will save time, travel expense, and provide a sense of convenience) will be charged a $35 fee. To register for online placement testing please select the bottom session available through the Flexible Registration platform. You will see that the location is listed as "Distance Learning / Online."
After registering for online placement testing you will receive a follow up email within seven days that includes your voucher codes and further instructions for testing.
In person: Students can complete their test in person at a Testing Services location (North - LRC2143, Lakeshore - WEL307, Orangeville - AL204). Sessions are available for registration through the Flexible Registration platform, and new sessions are opened as needed.
- Additional CCPT Information
Your test results do not affect your admission status, but they may require you to receive ESL support or take a remedial course that results in additional fees.
Students registered into part time studies will need to complete a placement test if they are interested in taking any English or Math courses through our Department of Continuing and Corporate Education.
- Late Testing Fee Information
Summer 2017 Students
If you do not complete your CCPT before April 13, 2017 you will be subject to a $50 late fee. The fee will be charged to your account following testing.
Note: the following students are exempt from the late fee:
- Students accepted into their program after March 27, 2017
- International students who arrived in Canada after March 27, 2017 (please bring your passport directly to Testing Services to demonstrate your date of entrance).
- Students who live more than 200 km away from Humber College
Fall 2017 Students
Late fee testing deadlines for students starting in the Fall will be announced in April.
- CCPT Resources
- Writing Centre - English Placement Test - Head Start Program
- Math Centre - Math Placement Test - Head Start Program (includes sample tests)
- Testing Services Frequently Asked Questions
- Students requiring extra time and/or the use of a computer for placement tests are advised to contact Testing Services. For all other testing accommodation requests, please contact Accessible Learning Services.
- Drop-In Testing Sessions (For Orientation Week Only)
During Orientation Week (May 2 to 5) students may write on a walk-in basis at both our North and Lakeshore locations. Students can take their tests during the following times:
- Tuesday, May 2 - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Wednesday, May 3 - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Thursday, May 4 - 9 AM to 2 PM
- Friday, May 5 - 9 AM to 2 PM
Drop-in dates will be announced in March.