- What do I need to bring to the Test Centre?
- A valid photo ID (for a list of acceptable IDs, please click here)
- Your instructor's surname - this is how we file the tests. We will not be able to find your test without it!
- Your student number (ex. N123456789).
- Cell phones must be turned off and stored in the plastic zip bag provided to you by the Test Centre. This contents bag is to be placed under your desk when in the testing room.
- You will be asked to leave all belongings and materials not permitted during your exam in the designated area in the Test Centre. Due to the limited storage space in the Test Centre, please leave large bags, valuables and books not being used for the test in your locker. The Test Centre is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- When is the Test Centre open?
As hours of operation vary from semester to semester, please see our Hours of Operation at the bottom of the page.
- What do I need to do if I require a computer to write my test?
You do not need any additional materials. You must use one of our computers. We do not allow you to bring your own. Every work station here has a computer.
- Can I go to the bathroom during my test?
We allow one student to use the restroom at a time. Your time and duration will be recorded for your instructor and you will not be given extra time to complete your test. Also, you must leave your contents bag which contains your cell phone with a Test Centre staff member. Please note students must use designated bathroom facilities which you are directed to by Test Centre staff.
- Can I take my coffee/tea/pop/juice into the Test Centre?
No. Only clear water in a transparent bottle is permitted. We will also ask you to remove any paper or plastic labels.
- If I am stuck on a question, can the Test Centre staff help me with it?
Invigilators are not authorized to help students with their tests. We suggest that you try your best to answer the question and make a note on the test for the instructor to be aware of your difficulty.
- If I come to the Test Centre but want to write my test the next day, can I do that?
If the instructor has specified a final write date then you cannot write pass that date. If the final date is open, then there is no reason why you cannot write the following day. However, your instructor has the right to pick up the test at any time.
- Can I leave a note, assignment, or attach my doctor's note to the test for my instructor?
No, you will have to give the note directly to your instructor, or bring it to their department.
- I am taking an online course at Humber but I can't attend the final exam date. What do I have to do?
You must submit a request for an alternative testing date/location to the Open Learning Centre. The form is available here: http://www.humber.ca/onlinelearning/proctor.php.