- Why should I get involved with the Student Leadership Academy?
The academy is a great opportunity for you to;
- Enhance your leadership styles, skills and values
- Build your employability
- Engage with the student leadership community
- Connect with other leaders from Humber and Guelph-Humber
- Discover your interests and passions
- Expand your networks and contacts
- Receive certificate(s) of recognition
- How do I know what path is right for me?
The three paths are in place to help you pick what works for you. If you are unsure, get in touch with the leadership team and we can help you pick the path that works for you.
- I don’t have a lot of leadership experience; I don’t think the Student Leadership Academy is for me. What should I do?
We believe that leadership is for everyone. Leadership is a skill that can be learnt and develops overtime. The process for leadership is ongoing and begins with the first step! The Student Leadership Academy can help you and guide you through the process. Connect with us to find out how we can help you get leading!
- When can I enroll in the Academy?
- Registration for the Path 1 Leadeship Conference is now closed and will re-opend in Fall 2016.
- Registration for the Path 2 Leadership Certificate program is open from November 23rd, 2015 to February 1st, 2016.
- Reigtration for the Path 3 Retreat* & Leadership Certificate program is open from November 23rd, 2015 to December 7th, 2015.
* Please note, available spaces on the Leadership Retreat are limited and registration is not guaranteed. Students will be required to complete a short application and will be notified by December 10th if they have been accepted to the retreat.
- Is there a specific order in which I should complete the paths?
You can complete the paths in any order you would like. However, our events follow a timeline.
Dates are subject to change however, the timeline for our events are as below:
- Leadership Workshops: Ongoing
- 2 Day Leadership Retreat: October
- Leadership Day: January – February
- Community Engagement Days: February, March & April
- How can I attend the leadership retreat?
You can attend the leadership retreat by registering on our website.
- I don’t know of any community groups to volunteer with. What should I do?
The academy partners with community organizations throughout the year. These community engagement and volunteer days will give you the opportunity to gain your volunteer experience while engaging in community service learning.
- How can I obtain my certificate of recognition?
Once you have completed all the steps, contact us and we will provide you with a certificate.