With nearly 80,000 full and part-time students travelling to and from campus on a regular basis, transportation management is a major focus at Humber. We actively support energy-efficient forms of transportation, such as public transit, bicycle commuting and carpooling. By managing transportation demand; reducing traffic congestion; and enhancing campus security, we are steadily improving our environmental outcomes and making our campus cleaner and safer for the Humber community.
- In February 2016 we conducted a follow up Sustainable Transportation Study. We had 3,794 students and 711 staff and faculty respond! The results can be found here.
- In October 2013 we conducted a Sustainable Transportation Study. We had 3,780 students and 631 staff and faculty respond! The results can be found here.
- We are working with Smart Commute to improve sustainable transportation for the Humber Community.
- Humber is actively involved in strategic planning with Metrolinx to bring a Light Rail Transit (LRT) system to campus in the near future.
- The new bus loop at the North campus sees over 1,200 buses each day. The bus loop has improved the transportation network and created more space for pedestrian walkways.