At last year’s President's Breakfast, I announced that Humber would soon launch Unlimited, our first-ever comprehensive public fundraising campaign. Now, I’m excited to share that the Campaign has kicked off in full swing.
As you may have seen from the giant banners outside the LRC at North Campus and R Building at Lakeshore, along with recent social media activity and Communique notices, work has now begun to engage potential supporters in this important fundraising effort. The $50-million Unlimited Campaign was named for the unlimited possibilities we hope to create for students by igniting discovery and innovation, accelerating student potential and transforming the learning experience.
Over the past several weeks, our alumni, donors, and community have had the chance to learn about the many projects they can support through Unlimited, and we want you as faculty and staff to be informed as well. The Campaign will support current and future Humber students by fundraising for:
- State-of-the-art infrastructure and learning spaces, including the forthcoming Humber Cultural Hub at Lakeshore Campus;
- Integrated and experiential learning and applied research opportunities with industry and community partners through the Centres of Innovation (COI) network;
- Student financial assistance in the form of scholarships, emergency funds, and support for work-integrated learning and study/work abroad opportunities; and,
- Enhancements to our learning environment, on campus and beyond, through community-building initiatives and sustainability projects.
The Campaign is a collective effort that involves the entire Humber community. Please visit humber.ca/unlimited to familiarize yourself with our fundraising priorities so we can all speak about the importance of this initiative with alumni, industry and the community.
In the coming months, you will see Unlimited featured even more prominently across our campuses and throughout the community. There are many ways for faculty and staff to serve as campaign ambassadors, and I encourage you to get involved:
- Visit humber.ca/Unlimited to learn more about the Campaign and sign up for the Campaign e-newsletter for direct updates.
- Help share the Campaign with the community by posting on social media using the #Unlimited hashtag, or by sending inspiring stories of Humber students, faculty members, alumni and donors to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Give back to Humber Gives 2020, our annual faculty and staff fundraising program currently underway by visiting humber.ca/HumberGives.
- Connect with the Advancement and Alumni team directly by visiting their office located on LRC 5th Floor, North campus or by email at email@example.com.
The Unlimited Campaign is our chance to work together to continue building a Humber College that helps students to realize their unlimited potential and become the leaders of tomorrow. Please join me in supporting this initiative.
President, CEO Humber I.T.A.L.