British Council offers test takers several ways to prepare for their IELTS Test with official practise materials.
1. Online Webinars, Prep Materials, and Progress Check
Please go to: https://ielts.ca/prepare-for-ielts/
2. Road to IELTS (Online)
Road to IELTS now ‘Last Minute’ to all candidates who register for IELTS with British Council. To access your free online test preparation plus other useful test materials, visit the preparation tab in your British Council Portal.
3. IELTS Pretesting -Suspended until further notice.
Pre Test Date: TBA
Available Modules: TBA
What is pretesting?
- Practice Listening, Reading and Writing*
- Total test time is approx. 3hrs
- IELTS band-type scores are given after approx two weeks for Listening, Reading and Writing
- Simulates a real "test-like" environment
*Please note that not all modules for pretests are available for every session, and there are no pretests for Speaking. Please see above for available modules for Spring test date.
- Identify where you need more help.
- Benefit from practicing under real test conditions
- Take six to eight weeks before live exam to identify current English language level and assists in preparation for the live exam
4. Private Tutoring - Private Tutoring is not available at this time.
To register for tutoring, please contact: email@example.com The cost of tutoring is $50 per hour or $40 per hour if registered for an IELTS Test at Humber. Please call to make a payment to confirm your tutoring session.
Please indicate in your email which area of the test you would like to work on with the tutor.
If you are interested in working on writing, please answer either the GT or AC questions below, and send your writing to us at least 1 day before your tutoring session.
Task 1 General Test: Your next-door neighbour likes to listen to music late at night. Because of the loud noise, you often cannot sleep. Write a letter to your neighbour and include: a description of the situation, explain the problem and offer at least one solution. (write at least 150 words)
Task 2 General Test: The use of cell phones (mobile phones) has grown rapidly in the past few years. People use them for both business and personal reasons. What are the advantages and disadvantages of widespread use of cell phones? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your own knowledge.
Task 1 Academic Test: The chart below shows the cost-of-living in two different cities as compared to the national cost-of-living average. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (write at least 150 words)
Cost-of-Living Percentage Averages Above and Below the National Average
Task 2 Academic Test: Life now is better than it was 100 years ago. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (write at least 250 words)
5. FREE Skills In Person Workshops- Suspended until further notice.
North Campus, transit and maps